We are proud to announce the addition of The Bhabhisana Baby Project to The Chaeli Campaign’s roster of activities, under our therapies programmes. At a crucial stage in a child’s development, their primary function will be to provide multi-disciplinary therapy services specifically to babies and children under the age of 2.
The Bhabhisana Baby Project was formed in 2015 by a committed group of highly skilled therapists concerned with the health and wellbeing of infants and young children with disability and their families. The founding Bhabhisana Baby Project Multi-Disciplinary Therapy team consists of an occupational therapist (Debbie Mobbs), speech therapists (Faizah Toefy and Jamie Sareli) and physiotherapists (Ann Bullen and Esther Geretto).
During our formative years we will operate as independent project under the Chaeli Campaign umbrella.
To provide early multi-disciplinary therapeutic intervention and support to high risk babies and their families.
To provide babies (0-2 years) who are at risk of developmental delay and disabilities, with multi-disciplinary therapy that will improve their functional ability and quality of life. Furthermore, to support and empower family members and carers in their journey with their baby to reach their individual potential and promote positive infant-parent bonding.
The Bhabhisana Baby Project aims to provide:
- Multi-disciplinary therapy services specifically to babies and children under the age of 2
- Support High Risk baby clinics and hospitals in Greater Cape Town area
- Provide early intervention and management of at-risk babies and their families
- Provide appropriate referrals for long-term management
- Train therapists, medical students, carers and parents of babies and children under the age of 2
- Research and evaluate effectiveness of therapeutic input
- Work in close collaboration with other medical professionals
Contact Person 1: Esther Geretto (Physiotherapist) Cell: 078 3666 275
Contact person 2: Faizah Toefy (Speech Therapist) Cell: 082 9242 965
Contact Details: Tel: 021 447 1651
The Chaeli Campaign HQ: Chaeli Cottage, 18 Culm Road, Plumstead, 7800
Baby Clinic Address: Parker Surveys, 179 Belgravia Road, Athlone, 7780